Faith in Humanity: Restored
September 7, 2012
Posted by on
By this.(WARNING, AWFUL COMMENTS)
This is, no hyperbole, one of the best things I’ve ever read. I legitimately cannot think of anything so thoroughly saturated with wonderfulness that I have ever read, at least not recently.
I actually have nothing to add. There’s nothing he forgot to mention. There’s nothing he said that he said wrong. There’s no little quibbles over minor things. Nothing. It is <i<perfect. And on top of the wonderfulness of this article, the fact that what this article actual is is a call to action? That is a giant goddamned cherry on top.
Since it is impossible for me to debate this article at all, I am just going to go through this article, chronologically, and note everything that makes me want to vomit kittens and rainbows.
- The article uses non-heteronormative language when the subject is not even about LGBT issues.
- The acknowledgement of enabling behavior leaving you open to blame.
- The acknowledgement of men having a special importance in feminism due to their ability to get through to men who ignore female voices.
- How the article makes it explicitly clear, italic-fucking-text and all, that these issues are not debatable political or academic issues, and that we do not need to open ourselves to debate over them. I seriously do not have words for how refreshing and fantastic it is to read this as opposed to say it.
- The shooting down of the usage of the phrase “Political Correctness”, and a remarkably accurate translation of what it means
- The mention of claims of misandry. Everything about what he says about them is true, but I just fucking love the last part. Seriously- if you want women to stop hating men, stop giving them reason to.
And those are just the things that stuck out.